For the staffing of the Special Services two procedures have been applied so far:
- recruitment of specialised human resources from the private sector through MOU's public calls for expression of interest (process that has become inactive by Law 3812/2009)
- staff secondments from the public and broader public sector following an evaluation by the Evaluation Committee of the Ministry of Economy & Development.
MOU staff undertakes - along with the public servants who work at the Managing Authorities - the entire range of activities relating to NSRF management such as
- project approval
- programme and project management
- audit and control.
The MOU in the previous programming period:
- staffed the 5 Joint Technical Secretariats (JTS) of the European Territorial Cooperation Operational Programmes
- supported the Evaluation Committee in evaluating executives from the public and broader public sector.