Since its establishment, MOU has placed particular emphasis on the on-going training of staff. MOU has been providing systematic training mainly to NSRF Managing Authorities, as well as to Beneficiaries, applying a blended learning strategy through:
- Face-to-face seminars
- Distance learning (e-learning system)
MOU seminars focus on technical knowledge and know-how transfer on subjects such as
- evaluation and auditing of EU co-funded interventions,
- European and National legislation on public procurement and public works' implementation
- general and specific management issues etc.
In the period 2001-2015 MOU organised 435 training face-to-face events (seminars, meetings, workshops) with more than 15.000 trainees from Managing Authorities and Beneficiaries.
Furthermore, with its e-learning system it ensures faster delivery of technical knowledge at significantly lower costs to a large number of users. In the period 2007 - 2015 the MOU e-learning system offered:
- Asychronous courses: 130 asychronous courses in 4 thematic categories (technical knowledge, management & administration skills, computer skills, language skills) with more than 6.000 course registrations among 1.400 users
- Virtual classes (CENTRA): 100 virtual classes with more than 1.000 participants from Special Services and Beneficiaries.
Virtual Class in Centra Environment
MOU has extended its e-learning system to beneficiaries aiming at developing and distributing e-courses adapted to their specific needs.
The MOU operations regarding training are co-financed by the European Union.