Despite many years of structural funds interventions administrative capacity at the project implementation level (beneficiaries) remains unsatisfactory. The MOU has deployed Expert Teams (“flying” consultants) providing systematic consulting and technical support on the ground, mainly to weak municipalities in remote and island areas, in order to:
- accelerate the maturation and implementation of co-financed projects
- improve the quality of project deliveries by beneficiaries
- define problems and propose corrective actions at institutional level.
The following Expert Teams are currently in operation:
• Task Force for Remote and Island Areas
• Task Force for ESPA projects
• Expert Team for European Social Fund Projects
• Expert Team for Minority Groups’ Projects
• Expert Team for Environment and Climate Change
Browse here for a more comprehensive list of municipalities’ projects supported by the MOU.